Saturday 21 January 2012

how to: center tabs

i have been doing a little work on this blog today! i designed a new header (which i love, that color blue is my new fave!) and centered the tabs in the list of pages under the header. i'm not completely done with the re-design, i'm still finishing up and i have a few ideas that i think will make it look a lot more professional.

in other news, with the new year & all, i'm feeling really inspired and i'm wanting to do one (or a few) blog designs! if you're interested, go to my pricing page and order form. i will be able to start really quickly because i'm officially working on no designs!

i decided to do a tutorial on how to center the pages because it was so easy!

- go to your dashboard > template > customize
- scroll down to "advanced"
- scroll down to "add css"

if you see this box, you're in the right place:

- add this HTML in the box:

.PageList {text-align:center !important;}
.PageList li {display:inline !important; float:none !important;}
 
save and enjoy your pretty new blog!
 
xox

8 comments:

  1. sweet! I always wanted to know how to do that.
    I love that color blue, and the font in your header - is it the same one as an old GLTB header? i'm not a stalker, i promise :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I've been wanting to know how to center those tabs for SO long.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! :) I'm new here- thought I would say hello and let you know that I adore your blog so far! Off to stalk the rest of your site... Have a wonderful week, sugar! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello,
    I came across your website and found it very enjoyable. I just had a couple of questions so if you could e-mail me back that would be great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you! that was so simple!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Grace! I've been working all day to update my blog and this tutorial was SO simple. Thanks! I also used your blog header tutorial. Awe-some!
    Do you think you could do a post on how to put your Instagram photos into a collage so you can them post them on your blog or to FB? Or is this a totally easy thing, and I'm just a big fat idiot? (Don't answer the last part.)
    How was your bday shopping today?
    xo, AK

    ReplyDelete
  7. it's great to see bloggers help each other!
    your blog is great!

    http://bubblemylicorice.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete